Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Sydsvenskan yesterday

Spent last evening at Sydsvenskan (a swedish newspaper that is mostly read down here in Skåne). Was one one of the first time electors to be interviewed for an article about young persons and politics. The reason was the upcoming election and some opinion poll about first time electors and their view on politics. It was actually kind of interesting, we took some (mostly kind of silly) pictures and answered questions. Also, I made a few new friends - or at least one, we exchanged msn's and stuff. She was so cute...

All of the questions were interesting, but a few of them made me think a lot. One of them was if we should allow sixteen-year-olds to vote, not just eighteen-year-olds as today. I honestly don't know what I think. I mean, it's good when youths are allowed to be a part of the society and have influence on their own situation, nut at the same time I'm not sure that voting is the best way to do that. Loads of sixteen-year-olds are not mature enough to vote. But then again, there are thirty-year-olds who are not mature at all, and who has the right to judge what is mature, and what is mature enough? Such a hard question...

Another one of the questions were why girls seems to be more left wing-oriented, and boys more right wing-oriented. The journalist asked me that wuestion, and I had no idea what to answer. I just came up with an idea, and shared it with her: boys are raised in a more independent way, and so they vote for the more individually centered parties. Another thought is that the left wing party/parties has a more feministic analyse and are more critical på the patriarchy, witch is stuff that's good for girls. I actually don't know, but I think it's pretty interesting to think about.

Another question was "What is the biggest injustice?" I answered with three: the society of social klasses, the patruarchy and the heteronormativity...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home